Switch to manual
Switch to Manual is the introductory workshop for camera users who tend to leave their camera set to Automatic modes and therefore don’t unleash the full creativity that your DSLR or Bridge camera can deliver.
In four hours you will learn the fundamentals of exposure by exploring the use of aperture, shutter speed, ISO as well as a number of composition techniques that will take your photography to a new level.
The workshop starts in a relaxed way over a coffee at one of the best baristas in Edinburgh where you will discover what the thick manual that came with your camera should have told you. We’ll then head around some of the famous and not so famous Edinburgh landmarks so that you can practice the theory. The workshop ends at a local pub where we review the images you’ve taken with your new skills.
Groups of up to four can be accommodated within the workshop.
- Great for someone who takes photographs on a pre-set mode and would like to learn how to take better photographs.
- Ideal for beginners and doesn’t need any previous knowledge of photography.
- Everyone learns at different speeds, so the workshop can last between 3½ to 4½ hours.
- By the end of the workshop, you will have a good understanding of exposure and composition.
- Experience level – New to photography and beginners
What to bring?
- Any digital camera that has an ‘M’ mode. This means that you can manually set the exposure of your camera.
- If you have a long zoom lens then bring it along although it is not vital for the session.
- Ensure your camera batteries are fully charged and consider having a spare
- An empty memory card, we’ll take about 150 photographs during the session.
Cost of workshop is £75 per person (plus booking fee)