Landscapes and seascapes
The Firth of Forth is a stunning and diverse location for photography. During this full-day session we will travel across both the North and South banks of the River Forth to capture some amazing locations from characterful old jetties to the Forth Bridges; from the smallest port in Scotland to hidden bays. This is designed for people who know the basics of their camera and want to learn how to take stunning landscape and seascapes images whilst discovering the beautiful scenery around the Forth estuary.
Attendees on the session will learn how to create stunning images in-camera through the use of filters and more advanced composition techniques. The full-day session commences from first light and will last until sunset so there are many opportunities to practice your skills. During the day we will also spend some time looking at how we can use editing software to enhance your images.
The workshop will have a minimum of two and a maximum of six attendees to ensure that everyone receives individual attention from a professional photographer.
- Ideal if you understand how to set the exposure of your camera manually and want to learn how to use filters to improve your landscape and seascapes photographs.
- We visit several locations along the banks of the Forth River to capture sunrise and sunset, panoramas and change the way we see movement in the water.
- This is a full-day workshop, picking up from Edinburgh a couple of hours before sunrise and returning about an hour after sunset.
- Lunch is not included
- Experience level – intermediate and advanced
What do I need?
- A camera that you can set the exposure manually
- A good sturdy tripod.
- It is helpful to have a wide-angle lens and a long zoom, although if you only have a kit-lens then that will still be fine for this workshop.
- You will need a filter system. We recommend Kase Filters
- Ensure your camera batteries are fully charged and have a spare
- An empty memory card, we’ll take about 150 photographs during the session.
Cost of workshop is £150 per person (plus booking fee)